Story By: JIM CLARKE / ONTARIO SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES – PETERBOROUGH, ONT – With the first event of its inaugural season just over 2 months away, the Ontario Super Late Model Series is pleased to announce that Hoosier Tire and Bicknell Racing Products have been named as the official tire supplier and presenting sponsor for the popular 9 race tour.
Hoosier is the largest racing tire manufacturer in the world, supplies all the top Super Late Model teams in North America and has been producing winning oval track race tires for more than 50 years. Bicknell Racing Products has been the Hoosier Canada dealer since 1996. The spec tire for the Ontario Super Late Models is the F45, a 10-inch slick that has proven to perform flawlessly in the top series across the country. BRP will stock the tires at their facility and supply the racers directly, through contact representative Ron McKay.
In addition to serving as the official tire provider, Bicknell Racing Products and Hoosier Tire will offer the new series a $10,000 point fund that will be distributed to drivers following the final event of the season at Peterborough Speedway’s Autumn Colours Classic.
2018 Ontario Super Late Model Series Schedule
- Saturday, May 26th Flamboro Speedway
- Saturday, June 23rd Jukasa Motor Speedway
- Sunday, July 1st Sunset Speedway
- Saturday, July 7th Sauble Speedway
- Saturday, July 28th Flamboro Speedway
- Saturday, August 18th Peterborough Speedway
- Saturday, September 1st Jukasa Motor Speedway
- Sunday, September 23rd Sunset Speedway
- Saturday, October 6th Peterborough Speedway
- Sunday, October 7th Autumn Colours Classic
All dates are subject to change
Ontario Super Late Model feature races are each 75 laps in length, paying $2500 to win, with an excellent payout throughout the finishing order. Time trials will determine the starting grid at each scheduled event.