Story By: RACE OF CHAMPIONS – BUFFALO, NY – In 2018 Four-Cylinder competitors from around the region will have an opportunity to earn a Race of Champions championship. The Series will give racers an opportunity to compete in three unique events that will help close out an exciting season of racing. When the 2018 Champions are crowned in January they will receive a Champions Helmet, Hoosier Championship Jacket and Sign Board from Pilat Design (Waterloo, NY) honoring their accomplishments.
The three race events will take place on Friday, August 31, at Spencer Speedway in Williamson, NY, as part of the 30th Annual U.S. Open at Lancaster National Speedway and a part of the Race of Champions weekend at Lake Erie Speedway in North East, PA.
Last season the Four Cylinders competed in an exciting event at Lake Erie Speedway a part of the Presque Isle Downs & Casino Race of Champions Weekend with Kenny Hejna earning the victory.
The rules that applied at last season’s Race of Champions event will once again apply for the 2018 season for the Spencer and Lake Erie events;
- Track Rules will apply.
- Track Weight will be used.
- Declaration of home track/rules package will be based on individual track championship point standings. The track in which a competitor has the most points will be the competitor’s declared home track/rules package.
- The car, as presented, must meet the rules specified for that of the track that is declared as the competitor’s home track.
- The use of racing wheels will not be permitted.
- If using racing tires in competition, the car must have the same tire on all four (4) corners and add 100 lbs.
- Home track, engine size, and weight must be declared, written on duct tape and displayed visibly on the hood.
All three races will pay $300 to win and $50 to start.
2018 Race of Champions Four-Cylinder Series
- Friday August 31 Spencer Speedway
- Saturday September 21 Lancaster National Speedway
- Saturday September 29 Lake Erie Speedway