Story By: MIKE PARKS / GRANITE STATE PRO STOCK SERIES – WALPOLE, NH – In 2020 The Granite State Pro Stock Series will visit eleven tracks across five states.
The series, in its ninth year of operation, will undertake its most ambitious schedule to date with one new venue and plenty of great racing for competitors and fans alike.
The series will kick off at the Claremont Motorsports Park in Claremont NH as the third mile oval has become the traditional opener for the series. Mike Parks has taken on the challenge of promoting not only the series but his home track so having both openers at the same location will work well. The NH oval will also host the annual Labor Day Spectacular which has quickly become one of the most popular races the series holds. It has also become the highest paying event on the schedule and a favorite among competitors.
Star Speedway kicks off a busy May with the first of two visits in 2020. The traveling Pro Stocks will also be a part of the Friday night portion of the Star Classic in September.
Lee Speedway will be the only track with three dates on the schedule. Their May Madness event will open the track and will see the Pro Stocks go 150 laps. The GSPSS will celebrate the fourth of July a day early at Lee and join them for the annual Oktoberfest extravaganza.
Monadnock Speedway will have two dates in 2020. The GSPSS will visit one of the original tracks to join the series in May. They will also head challenging quarter mile bullring for a 150 lap event to kick off the month of August.
Riverside Speedway in Groveton NH is back and under new management. The Humphreys have agreed to have the series visit on June 13.
New London Waterford Speedbowl is back after a year’s hiatus. As of this writing, work has begun on the infrastructure for the new grand stands and all signs point to a June 20 GSPSS race at the Connecticut oval.
Hudson Speedway in Hudson NH will hold one race in 2020. Ben Bosowski and his team continue to make improvements to the historic facility and will host the series on July 12.
July 24 will be a high point for the season as The GSPSS makes its first ever visit to the Beech Ridge Speedway in Scarborough ME. Since this event was announced it has quickly become one of the most anticipated events on the schedule. Fans, competitors and the staff and management of both Beech Ridge and the series are anxious to see the track and series collaborate for the first time.
On August 15 a second new facility will join the series for 2020. Adirondack Speedway in New Bremen NY will become just the second track in the state of NY to host a GSPSS event. The half mile oval will hold a 150lap event for a minimum of $5000 to win. In addition, there will be increased money paid out throughout the purse to help competitors with the cost of the long tow. This race is still on the tentative list but negotiations are in the very final stages.
In September the series will visit the Seekonk Speedway in Massachusetts. For the second year in a row The GSPSS will sanction the Pro Stock portion of the annual DAV Fall Classic. There will once again be an open practice day on Fri the 25th with racing happening on the 26th.
The series will crown its 2020 Champion at The Thompson Motorsports Park with a 50 lap event. The race will be held during the annual World Series weekend but final negotiations are ongoing as to which day.
All events in 2020 will see the return of the Crazy Horse Racing Fast Time Challenge which will see the top three in time trials get a bonus from Paris Maine’s Crazy Horse Racing. The results of time trials will align heat races which along with the GSPSS redraw, will line up all feature events.
- April 19th Test & Tune Claremont Motorsports Park
- April 25th 100 Laps Claremont Motorsports Park, Claremont NH
- May 9th 100 Laps Star Speedway, Epping NH
- May 17th 150 Laps Lee USA Speedway, Lee NH
- May 23rd 100 Laps Monadnock Speedway, Winchester NH
- June 13th 100 Laps Riverside Speedway, Groveton NH
- June 20th New London Waterford Speedbowl (Tentative), Waterford CT.
- July 3rd 100 Laps Lee USA Speedway, Lee NH
- July 12th 100 Laps Hudson Int’l Speedway, Hudson NH
- July 24th Beech Ridge Speedway, Scarbourgh ME.
- Aug 1st 150 Laps Monadnock Speedway, Winchester NH
- Aug 15th 150 Laps Adirondack Int’l Speedway ($ 5000.00 to win! Tentative), New Bremen, NY
- Sept 6th 150 Laps Claremont Motorsports Park $ 5000.00 to win! Claremont NH
- Sept 18th 100 Laps Star Speedway, Epping MH
- Sept 25th & 26th 100 Laps Seekonk Speedway, Seekonk MA
- Oct 4th 100 Laps Lee USA Speedway, Lee NH
- Oct 10th 50 Laps Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, Thompson CT. (Tentative)