Story By: SHANNON STEPHENS / NHMS – LOUDON, NH – As New England’s first live major league sports event with spectators since the onset of the pandemic, Sunday’s Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway will mark the most anticipated event of the 30th anniversary season at “The Magic Mile.”
Speedway officials and staff have been hard at work refining procedures and protocols to ensure the best fan experience at the NASCAR Cup Series race while meeting and exceeding recommended health and safety guidelines set forth by local, state and federal officials.
“This is a tremendous opportunity to provide sports fans, families and friends a memory making experience. It’s the chance for people to enjoy the type of entertainment they haven’t enjoyed in months,” said David McGrath, New Hampshire Motor Speedway executive vice president and general manager. “Hosting the Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 is also a responsibility we take very seriously. It’s our job to not only host a marquee NASCAR Cup Series race, but also to provide a safe and fun environment.”
Fans may notice a few changes to the usual procedures on race day, but should be assured that these common-sense measures have been put in place for the health and safety of the fans, drivers, teams, staff and greater community.
Among other new practices, fans can expect to see the following:
- All ticketing, from purchase to scanning, will be conducted digitally to eliminate contact points
- Seating is assigned at the time of purchase to ensure adequate social distancing
- No will-call or in-person ticket pickup will be available (all ticketing will be conducted digitally)
- Guest Services personnel will be available to help answer questions and provide guidance
- Golf cart shuttles will be reserved for guests with limited mobility
- Free parking will be available in the S1, S2, S3 and S9 lots on race day
- Guests are required to put on masks or other appropriate face coverings, which cover the nose and mouth, once they enter the property.
- Face coverings, which cover the nose and mouth, are required in common areas such as gate entries, restrooms, concessions, souvenir stands, elevators, concourses and suite-level hallways.
- Masks may be removed once guests are socially distanced in their assigned grandstand seats
- If a guest purchases a ticket and then becomes ill, a refund will be issued
- All fans, NHMS personnel and NASCAR team members will be temperature screened on event day. NHMS and NASCAR team personnel will wear masks at all times and gloves, as needed
- Whether on grounds or off, NHMS encourages all residents and guests to observe the practices of social distancing, frequent hand washing, wearing a face covering in all public spaces and using hand sanitizer
- Guests are asked to socially distance at all times while on grounds (floor markings at concourse, concession and souvenir stands and directional traffic flow signage will be provided)
- NHMS’s Ticket Office will stagger seating throughout the stands to provide for a minimum of six feet of distance between groups
- Suites will operate at a reduced capacity, in line with guidance from health officials
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the grounds
- Prior to gates opening and throughout the event, NHMS will follow enhanced cleaning procedures, especially in high-touch surface areas such as handrails and bathrooms
Concessions and Souvenirs
- All purchases from food and souvenir stands will be electronic transactions (debit and credit cards only, no cash or checks)
- Only clear, soft-sided bags 14”x14”x14” and smaller will be allowed in
- No coolers or glass containers permitted
Speedway, Partners Roll Out Virtual Fan Engagement Opportunities Ahead of Sunday
“We have been challenged on a number of fronts this year as a result of the pandemic, but we remain committed to providing the best possible experience for every race fan, whether they join us in person or through our new virtual platforms,” said David McGrath, executive vice president and general manager of New Hampshire Motor Speedway. “Working creatively with our partners, we’ve created a series of activations to make the fans an active part of this unique Foxwoods Resort Casino 301.”
As NASCAR returns to racing at “The Magic Mile,” New Hampshire Motor Speedway is giving race fans a chance to win a VIP prize package that includes a two-night stay at Foxwoods Resort Casino, a $250 food and beverage credit and two Monza World-Class Karting passes to test your driving skills at the indoor karting track at Foxwoods Resort Casino.
All fans need to do to enter is visit the Watch and Win page and answer a few simple questions to register. Then be sure to watch Sunday’s Foxwoods Resort Casino at 3 p.m. on NBCSN. Entries must be received by 3 p.m. on Sunday to be eligible.
A winner will be announced via New Hampshire Motor Speedway’s social media channels.
Get ready for the weekend with New Hampshire Motor Speedway’s first-ever digital souvenir program. The 84-page program features exclusive feature stories, colorful photos, driver bios, a timeline of the speedway’s rich 30-year history and so much more. Celebrate the historic 30th anniversary season as drivers prepare to write the next chapter with the free program, available here.
Virtual Fan Zone:
Even if they can’t make it to the track, fans will have the chance to learn more about many of New Hampshire Motor Speedway’s partners, get access to exclusive content and more in a first-of-its-kind Virtual Fan Zone. Accessed through the speedway’s website, the Virtual Fan Zone gives fans a chance to interact with sponsors like Coca-Cola, Toyota, New Hampshire Lottery and GEICO, among others, to get them revved up for fun at “The Magic Mile.”
In addition to getting in on the fun before the races go green, fans are encouraged to tune in to pre-race coverage of the Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 beginning at 2:30 p.m. on NBCSN. Coverage will also be broadcast on Performance Racing Network radio affiliates beginning at 2 p.m.
Tickets still remain for Sunday’s Foxwoods Resort Casino 301. Adult tickets are available starting at $70 at https://www.nhms.com/events/foxwoods-resort-casino-301/tickets/. Tickets for kids 12 and under are just $10. Free parking will be available in the S1, S2, S3 and S9 lots on Aug. 2. There will be no trams, camping or open bath houses for this event.